Friday, July 5, 2013

Today's Tip: An Easy Way to Get Your 9 Servings of Fruit & Veggies a Day

Many of you probably know that USDA recommends 5-9 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.  So what exactly does that mean?

A) It means AT LEAST 5 servings...
B) It does NOT mean 5 servings of just fruit...

It's pretty easy to get 4-5 servings of fruit...everyone likes to eat apples, oranges, bananas, strawberries, etc.  But do you come close to getting your veggies in each day?  Do you only like carrots so you try to eat as many as you can to get those servings in?  Do you have variety in your fruit choices?  

If you aren't getting your 5-9 servings, I have a really great, easy & tasty suggestion for you to try.  It's one way to get all your vitamins, minerals and VEGETABLES you need in a day and it's called Shakeology.

Yes, I'm getting on a bandwagon for a minute.  Now y'all know that I'm pretty particular about what I eat, and often take more time than I should to make sure I'm eating as natural as I can.  You have probably also noticed that I don't recommend a whole lot of products or supplements, so if I'm making a suggestion, you need to know I have done the research and believe in it.  Kind of like my dad...he doesn't say much so when he does, we all listen! This is the same deal...I don't recommend much so this one is worth looking at.

So...here's the deal.  We all hear a lot about SuperFoods and hopefully you try to incorporate some of those leafy greens, fresh berries and whole grains into your diet.  If you aren't achieving that daily, then seriously considering trying this very powerful SuperFood formula.  Not only will you get a perfect combination of nutrients that you didn't have to figure out on your own, you'll have more energy, reduced cravings and a quick, wholesome meal.

John and I have used Shakeology for 3-4 years - I drink it 5-6 times a week and love it for all the reasons above.  But don't just take my word for it - here is what three other Shakeology-ites have to say about it:

"My husband and I have been Shakeology customers for about 2 1/2 years. While we both have a desire to be healthy, neither one of us is excited or passionate about the planning and research that's involved in a serious diet and exercise regiment. We're busy parents of tweens, and we both have time-consuming careers. With Shakeology, we both know we're starting off each morning with a quick, easy and great tasting nutrient-packed protein. Add in an exercise plan for each of us, and that sets the tone to be healthy for our entire day.  My favorite Shakeology drink includes 4 oz skim milk, 4 oz water, 1/2 banana and 1 tablespoon of PB2 (peanut butter powder). My husband skips the PB2 and tosses in a few frozen blueberries."
 
"Shakeology fills me up with few calories and keeps me "regular" all while tasting super yummy!"
 
"Shakeology is yummy, super fast, easy to make, makes a lot, fills me up, stops my cravings and is good for me!"
 
And may I just add that the 3rd quote came from a long-time friend who has always said that she just doesn't like to "drink" her calories...so for her to become a Shakeology fan was a BIG deal in my mind!
 
So...decide for yourself.  Go to this website, watch the video and give it a try.  And it's low risk...they offer a money-back guarantee so if for some reason it's not your thing, you can get your money back.  Although in all the years I've recommended Shakeology, I've only had one person that it didn't agree with. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment