Monday, February 17, 2014

Today's Tip: Brownie Recipe - this one's a Keeper!

On Friday afternoon I was browsing through some recipes in my "Desserts" computer file in hopes to find a simple, tasty one to top off our Valentine's supper.  I stumbled across a brownie recipe on which I had noted "Valentine's Day dessert 2011 - good and easy".  Well, I didn't remember making it but apparently I did so I made it again on Friday and it was Fabulous!

So try this one next time you are in the mood for brownies...and when aren't you?  The nutritional stats are impressive too - just watch your portion size! :)



Low-Fat Brownies
12 servings

1/2 cup flour (I used cake flour)
1/2 cup dutch process cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup pure cane sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar (not packed)
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
4 tablespoons prune puree or 1/4 cup applesauce (we opted for the applesauce!)
4 large egg whites
2 teaspoons vanilla 

Preheat oven to 350. Spray 8" square baking pan with cooking spray. In small bowl combine flour, cocoa and baking powder. In medium bowl stir together sugar, brown sugar, oil and prune puree. Add egg whites and vanilla. Gradually stir in cocoa mixture until blended. Pour into prepared pan and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.

Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving: Calories 121 - Calories from Fat 25; Fat 3g, Saturated Fat 0g, Sodium 60mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g, Protein 2g

No comments:

Post a Comment