Monday, September 23, 2013

Today's Tip: Favorite Cleaning Products!

I have to admit, I really don't enjoy the whole house cleaning thing.  I love having a clean house and actually feel very accomplished when it is done, but it is truly not my favorite chore.  So when I do clean I want products that work and work well.  A couple of years ago Real Simple magazine featured its readers' favorite cleaning products in an article which I found helpful - perhaps it will be to you as well!

70% Rubbing Alcohol
Use this to wash windows - undiluted!  Just remove the cap, screw in an old spray nozzle, and watch the streaks vanish.

Note: My favorite use for rubbing alcohol is to take a freezer Ziploc, mix in it one cup of rubbing alcohol with 3 cups of water and freeze.  Not necessarily a cleaning tool in this case, but it makes a great ice pack that sure might be helpful for your sore muscles after you finish your vigorious house cleaning tasks!

OxyClean
I use this on stubborn stains before throwing the clothing item in the washer, but I understand it works great on carpet too.

White Vinegar
It's a natural cleaner! Some carpet stores tell their customers to apply it to spills because it doesn't harm the carpet fibers. It also works well on laminate floors, wood, tile & vinyl.

Lemon Juice
Works great on fruit stains...just soak the area in the juice, let it sit for a few minutes, then rinse and repeat until the stain is gone.

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser
Rub this over every kind of mess, from soap scum to pencil marks on the walls to congealed grease on the stovetop. It's a great tool to make it all easy to clean!

Tide to-go Pen
Enough said.

1 comment:

  1. “..when I do clean I want products that work and work well.” - Who doesn't want that, right? As cleaning the house is a regular task, cleaning products that work well are a little gift you can give yourself. Cleaning the house might not be your favorite chore, but it's still good to see that you're doing your best to keep your house neat and tidy. Thank you for sharing your favorite cleaning products, by the way!
    Bo @ HJS Supply Company

    ReplyDelete