Monday, September 30, 2013

Today's Tip: Make it Monday!

I was at a friends' house yesterday and took him up on his offer to pick as many tomatoes as I wanted from their vines.  So of course that put me in the mood to make my favorite pico de gallo recipe, and I decided to share it today as my first "make it Monday" tip.  It's easy, and don't let the diced zucchini scare you away if you aren't a zucchini fan.  It's a great filler for this recipe!

Pico de Gallo:
1 cup seeded, chopped tomato

1/2 cup diced zucchini

1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

1 small diced jalepeno pepper

1/4 cup prepared salsa

1 T fresh lime juice

Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Let set for a couple hours in the fridge before serving for best flavor.

This is great on fajitas, or we also like to pile a spoonful onto a grilled burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment