Sunday, January 4, 2015

Today's Tip: Goal Accountability Check!

A few days ago I encouraged you to make goals for this year.  I know a lot of you checked the blog and at least read what I suggested, so today is your accountability check!  Did you sit down for a few minutes and do it? Did you take time to ponder what you want to do this year?  If not, what is holding you back?

Maybe you haven't had time, or perhaps you aren't sure where to start.  This morning I read a note a friend sent me which said sometimes we are afraid to set goals because we think we will fail, so we just bail on writing anything down in the first place.  It cautioned against letting 2014 define you, and against allowing 2015 to taunt you.  If you didn't successfully pull off all your goals in 2014, don't let that keep you from moving forward!  I tell my clients, "every day is a new day...every meal is a new meal." If you fell off track in accomplishing your goals, then get yourself up, get out a new piece of paper and start again.

It is also great if you have a trusted friend who will help you set your goals.  I met a friend yesterday who helped me talk through my thoughts and get some things on paper.  It was fun to help her too!  If you need a partner for your fitness goals, I would be happy to help you get those down on paper.

Get those goals set today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment